Friday 12 December 2014

Bargain Christmas + Video

I love Christmas, every year from about October I start looking forward to it. I plan what presents to get, start dreaming of Christmas Dinner and begin to watch Christmas movies. However for the past five years I have lived in a house share. but this year, as you all know, I moved into a flat which means I can finally have my own Christmas Tree something that was never possible before!

However to decorate for Christmas you need money, something that is always tight with us. So feeling like Bob Cratchit I started looking for bargains and ways to save money, and I thought I would share my finds with you. 


1. Start Early.

I bought my first Christmas decoration in October, along with my first few Christmas presents. It is always important to spread your money as far as you can, so start buying things in September October time and store them away, when December rolls round it will be like a mini Christmas as you re-discover everything you have bought.

2. Use Coupons 

I am with the mobile phone provider O2 and they have something called O2 Priority Moments and you often get Coupons for free items from shops such as W H Smiths Game and Halfords. So far this year I have got Wrapping Paper, Christmas Cards, Chocolate Coins, a Calendar, a Hunger Games Keyring and a Disney Infinity Character all for FREE ! I also got a coupon for 20% off everything in store for 7 Days at W H Smiths so I picked up Advent Calendars Stocking Fillers, Chocolates and Annuals all for 20% off. I also work in retail so I used my 10% staff discount to buy Christmas Trees and Fairy Lights.

3. Find Out What Promotions Are Going on 

In Argos they ran a Toy Drive for Bernardo's Children, where if you donated some old toys you got a £5 off voucher on £30 worth of toys. They also had a get a £10 voucher if you spend over £50 and get £10 if you spend over £100, so when I bought new stuff for my flat I collected a few of these vouchers. The store then fan a 20% off all toys for one weeks so I picked up my brother a set of Lego that normally retails at £70 but using all of these vouchers I had collected I got it for £25 !

4. POUNDSHOPS!

As these pound shops are getting more and more popular here there stock is also improving. I picked up Tinsel, Candy Canes, Baubles Garlands and much much more. The quality is just as good as the items you would pick up at any Supermarket. You don't need to buy high end expensive decorations when you can get items that look just as good at the fraction of the price. Next have a Merry Christmas garland for £10, I got one that looked just as nice for a £1 all you had to do was thread the letters on yourself.

5. Look in Unexpected Places.

Sports Direct have a great range of Christmas Jumpers, especially mens. In most shops mens jumpers are comical where are these ones fore more traditional Christmas knit designs. In Argos I picked up a Tag and Bow set for wrapping gifts for £1. Keep you eyes Peeled as you never know what you might find.


So I hope you found this helpful and enjoyed it, let me know if you have any money saving tips you use at Christmas. I made a little video on my iPhone to show you the result of my bargain decorations. 

(though be warned, the quality is really low! So probably best to watch it on a small screen!)


Merry Christmas

Rella
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment